Tuesday, July 2, 2013

In the Studio

Started a new collage ... it as it this sort of stage which looks very unpromising, I know.

Lots of scribblings and prompts in my notebook (I really flinch away from glorifying it with the word sketchbook). My plastic tray of  "possibles" clippings which have been gleaned from my increasingly unwieldy general collection.
And the blocked in proportions of the building I am aiming to portray - ooh look it's not a house!


Beyond the confines of this tidy looking still life is the organised chaos of my big work table. You really don't want to go there.

At one point the chaos encroached so much that another plastic tray of smaller clippings inside the white tray with the "possibles" got dumped on the floor to give me more elbow room.

This is what happened:


Give him credit - he does look a bit guilty. To say nothing of uncomfortable.

6 comments:

  1. Amanda,Cat loves a box, and I love the magical transformation of scraps into works of art that you bring about. Great article and picture of your cards in the BBC Antiques magazine this month. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sophie. I have this very morning got my hands on an actual copy. Thank you. That's one magazine that won't get snipped up!

      Delete
  2. Kitty as muse. Just don't paste him in the piece. Maybe kitty acting as art critic: 'Edit! Edit! Edit!'
    Mine have to be where the action is too. He's lucky to have a front box, er, row seat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to have studio helpers isn't it? Unfortunately he isn't handy with a sweeping brush!

      Delete
  3. Talk about sleeping on a clothesline (or in a plastic box that's way too small!) nice company for you though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least when Fred's in a box he isn't lying on top of the picture in hand. Furry nightmare. Cats and glue - I don't even want to think about it!

      Delete